Sunday 29 January 2012

Fun with alcohol inks!

I didn't manage to post last week or take part in any challenges but that is not to say that I wasn't having a crafty moment or two.  I had great fun last weekend playing with alcohol inks and actually normal inks, I will come to that a little later.  Give me ink, a straw and some card or acetate and I can play for hours :o)  Trying the different colours and ways of blowing and dripping the ink was really fun, as my mother informed me over Skype, I was recapturing my youth! OK as a child I wasn't given inks, but I do remember doing the same thing with paints... in fact I have a piece of art that I made for my grandparents by blowing paints.

So I only have a few alcohol inks at the moment, but I do have quite a few bottles of printer ink and who said you can't play with them both.  The inks react so differently on different papers, it was trial and error and great fun.  Should I mention the mess...wow the ink goes everywhere of course!! I soon created an ink shield to stop it going places that I didn't want, namely everywhere on my desk!  It wasn't until a couple of hours later that I took a look at my hands hahaha what can I say, wow its a good job that I do not work in a client facing role haha.

I really had a great time playing with the inks, they even helped reduce the stress after a couple of really crappy days at work... nothing like blowing ink around a bit of paper as a therapy session.. hey maybe I can market that?!?   Therapy by ink!?!

So what did I create :)   I have only made two cards out of my creations so far the rest will come later on.

This by far is my favourite card, I am calling it Poppy Red.


I am entering this into the LIM week 52 sketch challenge





When blowing the inks on the acetate it started to look like a flower, so that is what I went with.


The second card I have made is 'All about the pink'  I love the brightness of the pink with the black! Ink blowing is so much fun!  Again this was ink on acetate and than placed on white card and then layered on black card to get a very thin border.



I find it totally amazing the great colours and patterns you can get.  The only thing is if you create something that you really like, chances are that you will not be able to recreate it.

Here are the other creations that are waiting to be made into cards or something else.


14 comments:

  1. Your poppy looks amazing.. I can see that you had a great time playing with those inks! The decorated panel has been shifted a little to the left, but it's a really fabby card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a great looking poppy! I have quite a few of the alcohol inks and have never figured out what to do with them! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely STUNNING work--these are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Hmmm, this technique looks like so much fun. I must be sure to do it when my boys are NOT around - can you imagine the mess - the messier the art the better for them! lol
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing results and really funky cards. I was playing with my new inks over the weekend too, but, did'nt use the 'blowing' technique. I have loads of straws too. Guess what I am going to be doing later!!
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poppy is fantastic Emma
    Fabulous fun!

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super technique brilliantly executed. Poppy is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an amazing effect from some ink and a straw! The poppy is such a statement and looks just fantastic :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing poppy - love the technique - so creative! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great poppy card Emma - it's just so much fun blowing inks eh? Think we should keep it to ourselves before too many people get addicted!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. That poppy is awesome Emma! What a great way to use Alcohol Inks, I must get mine out and play with them with a straw! hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow i love that amazing Poppy
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card, great to use part of an image. Love your inkings too.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...